WHY SYNTHETIC DATA?
- Privacy concerns exist wherever personal information is collected and stored.
- Improper or non-existent disclosure control can be the root cause for privacy issues.
- Data privacy protection issues can arise in response to information from a wide range of sources (e.g. mobile phones, mobile networks, location data).
- One Challenge in data privacy is to analyze and share user data while protecting personally identifiable information.
- Therefore, it would be helpful to have methods to share data with external partners without affecting data protection regulations.
- Synthetic data offers the chance to use data which usually isn't available for legal or ethical reasons.
- Data modeling and the use of appropriate algorithms allow to create artificial synthetic data that has the same characteristics as the original data without being reducible to real individuals.